Dr. Yong Zheng is currently a tenure-track Assistant Professor at Department of Information Technology and Management, College of Computing, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, USA. He obtained his PhD degree in computer and information sciences from DePaul University in Chicago. Prior to IIT-Chicago, he worked with Dr. Bamshad Mobasher and Dr. Robin Burke on Web Personalization, Recommender Systems and User Modeling. His research interests lie in Data Science, Personalizations, Recommender Systems, Context-Awareness, Human Factors, Technology-Enhanced Learning, and so forth.
- 08/2018 – Present, Assistant Professor, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, USA
- 08/2016 – 08/2018, Senior Lecturer, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, USA
- 06/2017 – 12/2017, Independent Consultant (Recommender Systems), NPAW, Spain
- 09/2016 – 06/2017, Part-time Lecturer, DePaul University, Chicago, USA
- 06/2015 – 11/2015, Data Scientist at Pandora Media, Inc., Oakland, USA
- 2021 - 2022
- 01/2022, I joined the Editorial Board of the Journal of Intelligent Information Systems (JIIS), Springer
- 01/2022, I will serve as student support chair at ACM UMAP 2022 and ACM Hypertext 2022
- 12/2021, CFP: Special Issue on "Affective Recommender Systems" at Applied Sciences, MDPI
- 12/2021, I will give an invited talk, "Recommender Systems Using Multi-Objective Optimization: An Overview", at IECI 2021.
- 11/2021, I was given the Excellence in Research Award by College of Computing at Illinois Institute of Technology, USA.
- 09/2021, I will give an invited talk (with Shlomo Engelson Argamon @ CS department), "Demystifying Data Science for Business Intelligence: Understanding Its Landscape and Deploying It Effectively", at AT&T, Inc.
- 08/2021, I will attend the training workshop "Data-Driven Cybersecurity"
- 05/2021, I will give a tutorial on "Multi-Objective Recommendations" at KDD 2021
- 05/2021, PI, ACM SIGCHI Development Fund for ACM UMAP 2021
- 01/2021, Serve as student support chair at ACM UMAP 2021 and ACM IUI 2021
- 01/2021, Track Chair, Track on Recommender Systems @ ACM SAC 2021
2019 - 2020
2019 - 2020
- 08/2020, I will give a Keynote talk at CARS workshop @ ACM RecSys 2020
- 05/2020, Serve as Student Volunteer Co-Chair at ACM IUI, Texas, USA, 2021
- 04/2020, PI, NSF grant to support students in ACM UMAP 2020 & 2021
- 02/2020, Collaboration with Digby's Detective & Security Agency, Inc. to predict crimes over Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) services
- 01/2020, Serve as student support chair at ACM UMAP 2020
- 12/2019, Invited talk on "Multi-Stakeholder Recommendations" at Morningstar, Inc.
- 06/2019, Track Chair, Track on Recommender Systems @ ACM SAC 2020
2017 - 2018
2017 - 2018
- 10/2018, Serve as student support chair at ACM UMAP 2019
- 05/2018, Track Chair, Track on Recommender Systems @ ACM SAC 2019
- 04/2018, PI, NSF grant to support students in ACM UMAP 2018 & 2019
- 03/2018, Workshop Chair, Workshop on RecSysKTL @ ACM RecSys 2018
- 10/2017, Serve as publicity chair for ACM RecSys 2018, ACM IUI 2018 and ACM IUI 2019
- 10/2017, Serve as student support chair at ACM UMAP 2018
- 09/2017, Honored as a distinguished reviewer by ACM Transactions on Interactive Intelligent Systems
- 07/2017, Invited talk on "Context-Aware Recommendations" at The University of Glasgow, UK
- 05/2017, Track Chair, Track on Recommender Systems @ ACM SAC 2018
- 04/2017, Distinguished Student Supervisor Nominees, IIT, Chicago, USA
- 02/2017, Workshop Chair, Workshop on RecSysKTL @ ACM RecSys 2017